DMGroup’s A-ROI Institute is an in-depth training program that build’s your district team’s capacity to analyze and assess programs and initiatives to determine what works best for students. Your team will learn a methodology that will provide answers to the following questions:
• Which programs are achieving the intended outcomes?
• Which students are benefiting most from a given program?
• How cost effective are each of the programs?
What is A-ROI?
In the absence of data, a combination of professional judgement, historical practices, and stakeholder interest often end up determining program offerings. To ensure that resources are being used most effectively for students, DMGroup has developed an approach called Academic Return on Investment (A-ROI) to measure the benefits (student outcomes by student segments) and fully-loaded costs of individual programs.
Based on this data, the district can assess and compare programs and consider which to expand, maintain, target to specific segments of the student population, or sunset.
How it Works
At DMGroup’s A-ROI Institute, your district team will learn the A-ROI (Academic Return on Investment) methodology to ensure that resources are deployed most effectively for students. Features include:
• Participation by district teams: Districts participate as a team of up to eight participants per district. This district team then has a common language and set of tools to take back to the district and can work together to improve the use of district resources.
• Training spanning approximately nine months: Participants will learn DMGroup’s 10-step process for A-ROI analysis over a period of nine months in a multi-mode approach that includes remote group meetings, webinars, and self-use tools.
• Learn by doing: With the support of the DMGroup coaches, district teams work together to conduct an A-ROI assessment on a key program or initiative from their respective districts and gain actionable insights.
• Peer network: At the Institute, participants have an opportunity to meet peers from other districts and provide each other energy and support as they learn together and collaborate.